All personal kit to be packed in a soft bag – the best bags are hold-alls (rather than rucksacks) as they allow easy access to everything without having to empty everything into the tent!
Please mark all kit clearly. Explorers should pack themselves so they know they have everything, and they know where everything is.
Please triple-check everything is present – we do not have spare equipment and cannot do activities without the right stuff, meaning you may end up missing things if you do not have the right gear – and depending on numbers, this may mean other partipants are affected too.
- Read the blurb above first!!
- Sleeping bag
- Sleeping mat (the tents are not large enough for air beds)
- Waterproof trousers and jacket with hood – in day-sack, not main bag – I cannot stress these two enough as we’ve been stung many times on camps before. Trousers that “dry quickly” are not waterproof – they absolutely must be waterproof overtrousers/overcoats – they’ll probably look shiny.
- 3 Complete sets of clothes
- Trousers (ABSOLUTELY NOT jeans – once they’re wet, they’re very cold and don’t dry quickly)
- Underwear (one set per day)
- Swimming trunks
- Wash kit – toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, flannel.
- Plate, bowl, cup
- Knife, fork, spoon.
- Tea towel
- Torch with spare batteries. Pack the batteries separately so they can’t run flat while in your bag.
- Bin Liner (for wet kit)
- Sun cream and any medicines needed.
- Sun hat
- Insect repellent
- Optional small amount of money to spend during trips
- Small-ish backpack big enough to carry lunch, drink and waterproofs while hiking
- Water bottle (ideally 1.5 litres, but must be at least 1 litre)
- Packed lunch/snacks/drink for the journey out to camp on Friday
- Trainers that will get drenched during water activities
- Camp chair
- Woollen hat
- Warm gloves
Please leave at home
- Electronic items, and anything easily breakable.
- Full-sized pillows
- Food/snacks – other than packed lunch – food in tents attracts mice and ants!
Please pack waterproofs and drinks bottle, along with the packed lunch, in the small day-sack so we can check everything before setting off.
PLACES WITH SCOUT DISCOUNTS FOR BUYING STUFF
- 10% at GO Outdoors – print this voucher – Millbrook
- 15% at Cotswolds Outdoors – Hedge End – take a necker