Share your news
Do you have news to share?
⭐️ Vacancy – District Commissioner / Volunteer Manager of Southampton City Scout District.
Posted on Saturday, January 30th, 2021
To: All parents/member associated with Southampton City Scout District
We need a new team leader!
Maybe you OR your mum, dad, best friend or neighbour might be perfect for this role.
As the leader of the team we would call you the District Commissioner (DC)!
In a nutshell, the DC would be:
- Inspiring and enthusiastic, super resourceful and full of energy
- A problem solver, fantasticteam builder and a leader
- Believe passionately about developing young people and volunteers to be there best.
Southampton City won’t be the only one to benefit – so what’s in it for you?
This is an opportunity to make a real difference to local young people.
Being a DC, will look great on your CV, demonstrating to prospective employers that you have some amazing additional skills. Don’t worry if you are new to Scouts, that’s no problem, we will teach you everything you need to know and our award winning training scheme even leads to a certified qualification.
Volunteering with Scouting can be as flexible as you need so if you are worried that you won’t have enough time why not consider a role share within a small team.
We are here to fill you in on the details, so if you want to know more please do get in touch with any questions by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
There are a many ways that you can apply or nominate someone else – why not give it a go and try one of them:
- Download the Vacancy Pack which contains a full role description, a Nomination Form and an Application Form.
- Click here to nominate someone using our online form.
- Contact email@example.com.
We would love to hear from you by Saturday 28th March 2021.
Thank you for your time so far and please do shout if you have any queries at all!