Share your news
Do you have news to share?
Posted on Saturday, September 20th, 2014
Getting Started Training
We are running “Getting Started” training this month for all leaders who need to do Modules 1-3. “Getting Started” consists of:
- Module One (09:00-10:30) “Essentials” – including important messages about Safety and SafeGuarding. Module One is compulsory for everyone.
- Module Two “Personal Learning Plan” – discuss your individual training requirements with a training adviser.
- Module Three (10:30-13:30) “Tools for the Job” – how to run weekly section meetings. Ideal for new leaders.
Date: Sat 18th Oct 2014, from 09:00 to 13:30 approx.
Venue: The HQ of the 1st Southampton City. Next door to the Bradbury Centre (“Rose Road”) 300 Aldermoor Road, SO16 5NA.
There is no charge to you for this training.
To register, please email Nico
First Aid Training
“First Response” is valid for three years and is the recommended minimum First Aid training for all active leaders and assistant leaders in Scouting. We are running First Response training in Southampton on Sat 1st Nov 2014 at the HQ of the 22nd Southampton City (Whitehouse Gardens, SO15 0SB). The training runs from 9.30am to 3pm. Please let me know if you would like to attend.
Training Validation Evenings
Already know your onions? If you have done some training or gained some experience then you can Validate your learning at one of our validation evenings coming up:
- Mon 13/10/2014 – Modules 11,12,13 [Checklist]
- Mon 27/10/2014 – Modules 14,15,19 [Checklist]
- Mon 10/11/2014 – Modules 3,5,6 [Checklist]
- Mon 24/11/2014 – Modules 7,8,9 [Checklist]
- Mon 08/12/2014 – Modules 16,17,18 [Checklist]
Follow the links to the checklists to see if you are ready to validate. The module validation evenings will run from 7.30pm until 9pm (approx) and will take place at the HQ of the 29th Southampton City in Portswood: 44-50 Brickfield Road, SO17 3AE. Please let me know which evenings to expect you.
Local Training Manager